The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) and JAIZ Bank plc signed an agreement to formally kick start the Hajj Saving Scheme.
The event was held inside the conference hall of Hajj House in Abuja.
NAHCON Chairman, Barr Zikrullah Kunle Hassan in his opening address said that ” The Hajj Saving Scheme is a platform enshrined in the NAHCON Establishment Act 2006, as a contributory payment Scheme for prospective Muslim wishing to undertake a pilgrimage to Makkah’
The MD of Jaiz Bank Hassan Usman recognizes the hardwork and commitment of both current and past boards to actualize the scheme. He thanks the board and management of Jaiz for committing to do this not just because it makes sense as a bank but because it is set up to meet the yearnings and aspirations of Ummah in particular and Nigeria in general”
Below is the link to the site
Log on to this address: https://hajjsavings.jaizbankplc.com:8088
Below is the detail of the message at the site
Welcome to NAHCON Hajj Savings Platform
The National Hajj Savings Scheme creates an avenue for intending Nigerian Muslim pilgrims to save towards fulfilling one of the pillars of Islam; going on Hajj (pilgrimage to the holy lands of Makkah and Medina). The scheme provides for intending pilgrims to go for hajj from Nigeria, irrespective of their income, locality and status.
The scheme assists low income earners and the general public to save at their convenience, towards meeting their goal of going on hajj.
As an individual planning to go on hajj in the nearest future, using the provision of this platform, there is need to have a profile. If you do not already have a profile, please read the requirements for profile creation below and then click the “Create profile” link to create one.
Create profile »
Requirements for profile creation
1. A valid mobile phone number is compulsory. This will serve as your username and means of communicating with you.
2. E-mail address (THIS IS OPTIONAL).
3. You will be required to create a secured password of at least 8 characters, including an alphabet, a number and a special character.
If you have already created a profile, please click the “Login” link below to log on and proceed with other activities.
Requirements for online hajj savings account opening
Having created a profile and logged on, to create your hajj savings account, in addition to providing your basic information and that of your next of kin, the following are also required:
1. You must have your BVN (Bank Verification Number) ready. If you do not have a BVN, please go to any Jaiz bank branch or any other bank’s branch to do the enrollment
2. You will be required to upload a scanned copy of a recent utility bill. PHCN bill, Water bill or Waste management bill can be used. This is to be used for confirming your present residential address. A bank statement front page that has your address written on it can also be used.