Union minister for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi. (ANI Photo)
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that India will stand with the Saudi government’s decision for haj 2021, Naqvi said.
The Indian Union minister for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said there is no clarity yet if the annual haj pilgrimage will be possible this year or not and the decision will depend on the Saudi Arabia government. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that India will stand with the Saudi government’s decision, Naqvi added, reported news agency ANI.
“Haj will depend on the decision of the Saudi Arabia government. PM Narendra Modi has said India will stand by the side of the Saudi govt in their decision. Last year Haj got canceled. This year nothing has been decided yet,” ANI quoted Naqvi as saying.
Saudi Arabia last year banned outside pilgrims from taking part in haj to contain the spread of coronavirus disease (Covid-19). Only a limited number of domestic pilgrims were allowed to perform haj. The restriction was the first such ban in recent history on what is considered the most significant pilgrimage for Muslims all around the world.
On Thursday, the world’s largest Muslim majority nation, Indonesia cancelled the haj pilgrimage for the second consecutive year amid the concerns of the increasing spread of Covid-19.
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), has released the list of accommodation a…