Home Hajj News Hajj 2022: ‘We will not favour you against genuine intending pilgrims’ ES tells Kano protesters
Hajj News - June 28, 2022

Hajj 2022: ‘We will not favour you against genuine intending pilgrims’ ES tells Kano protesters

 

From Muhammad Kabir Kano

 

The Executive Secretary of Kano State Pilgrims Board Alhaji Muhammad Abba Danbatta has vowed not to favour new comers against intending pilgrims who paid deposits long ago.

 

Alhaji Danbatta stated this on Tuesday while addressing several protesters who came to the board to protest and demand for Hajj slots.

 

Protesters in their Numbers were at board demanding that their names be included in the list of prospective Pilgrims to this year’s Hajj.

 

They alleged that they made deposits this year to the board hoping that they will make it to the Holy Land, but were told that they have to follow the strict order of “first come first serve” as directed by the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON).

 

Alhaji Danbatta told HAJJ REPORTERS that he has already paid into the account of NAHCON all monies paid by initial depositors of 2019, 2020 to 2022.

 

He added that he cannot therefore,  remove the names of these set of depositors to give those who have paid their money this year through the Hajj Scheme.

 

 

“We are hoping to have more slots for those who couldn’t have their names amongst those who will go to Mecca this year, as you can see I am going to Abuja on that basis,” he told the protesters.

 

 

NAHCON had already announced that the request for additional 5000 slots by Nigeria has been declined by authorities in Saudi Arabia. The commission therefore, foreclosed the possibility of registering more pilgrims for this year’s Hajj

About Post Author

Check Also

BUHARI CONGRATULATES MBS ON HIS APPOINTMENT AS SAUDI PM, PRAYS FOR KING SALMAN’S HEALTH

  Press Release President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday extended his congratulations to …