The Saudi Ministry of Health has released document outlining the guidelines for Hajj 2021 for Pilgrim’s outside the Kingdom. The document shows that only 60,000 pilgrims from Saudi Arabia and outside will be allowed to perform Hajj 2021.
The document indicates that 45,000 pilgrims will come from outside Saudi Arabia while only 15,000 from within KSA will perform Hajj 2021
Other guidelines as contained in the 9 page document are as follows:
- 60,000 pilgrims (local and foreign )
- Pilgrims must be within Age of 18 -60 years
- Must be in good health condition and has not been hospitalized for any illness in the last 6 months (proof needed)
- Pilgrims must have taken both shot of Covid 19 vaccine and vaccination card must be certified the by Ministry of Health of the pilgrims country.
- The vaccine must be on the approved list from the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Health.
- 3 days quarantine for foreign pilgrims upon arrival at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- 1st shot of vaccine must have been taken on 1st of Shawwal (This date has passed)
- 2nd shot of vaccine should be taken 14 days prior to arrival in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Various other restrictions to ensure social distancing
By Waleed Basyouni (Ph.D) Vice-President AlMaghrib Institute In the Hajj of…