The representative of the Governor of Taraba state Alhaji Alhassan Hamman
delivering his speech during launching
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria today launched the Hajj Saving Scheme in Jalingo, Taraba State as part of its sensitization programme for the scheme in the North East of the Country.
In his opening remark, the Chairman/CEO of NAHCON, Zikrullah Kunle Hassan said the “first official launch was done in October 2020 in Kano for the North-West Zone, then in Lagos at the end of last year for the South-West Zone. Today is the turn of our Muslim brothers and Sisters in Taraba State to also feel the presence and touch of this great initiative which has become the focal point of the anticipated future of Hajj in Nigeria.
See the full speech below
CHAIRMAN/CEO’S OPENING REMARKS AT THE LAUNCHING OF HAJJ SAVINGS SCHEME IN THE PART OF NORTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZONE HELD AT JALINGO, TARABA STATE ON THURSDAY 18TH, FEBRUARY 2021.
As Salam Alaikum, Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!
It is indeed a great honor and privilege for me to be here in the city of Jalingo, (The Nature’s gift to the Nation) Taraba State for the official Flag-Off and Sensitization of the Hajj Savings Scheme (HSS).
As you may have been well aware, the HSS is a contributory savings scheme enshrine in the NAHCON Establishment Act, 2006 and has been in the offing for more than a decade but was brought to fruition by the current Board which I chair.
We feel it is an idea whose time has come and which is quite crucial and a dream come true for us all if Hajj must be taken to the next level like as it is done in some parts of the world.
The first official launch was done in October 2020 in Kano for the North-West Zone, then in Lagos at the end of last year for the South-West Zone. Today is the turn of our Muslim brothers and Sisters in Taraba State to also feel the presence and touch of this great initiative which has become the focal point of the anticipated future of Hajj in Nigeria.
Some of the many benefits derivable from the schemes which we are doing in conjunction with JAIZ Bank Plc., include among others the following:-
- Every Muslim can participate and will have the opportunity and chance to perform the Holy pilgrimage without having to sell off their properties or part of their investments or businesses.
- Intending pilgrims need not rely or depend on their well to do relations for sponsorship to the Holy pilgrimage.
- Intending pilgrims need not to possess or have tons of money at once or at a go to perform the Holy pilgrimage.
- The Hajj Savings scheme will also give a lift to the participants in terms of profit sharing on their savings at the end of every year.
- The HSS will make Hajj fare affordable in the form of subsidy to contributors.
- The Hajj Savings Scheme will avail the less privileged Muslims the opportunity of saving enough money over a period of time and when the money would have matured to facilitate their traveling to Saudi Arabia to fulfilling the 5th pillar of Islam.
However, the reality for the success of the Scheme however depends on all of us to propagate and support it in every way through encouraging our people to key into this noble scheme. Therefore as we rise from here today, we must all go to work to preach the message of the Hajj Savings Scheme.
Also, It’s my wish to end this address by expressing NAHCON’s sense of commendation to the leadership of the Taraba State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board appointed by Your Excellency, I have interacted with this leadership over the past over some years, during my tenure in office as Chairman of Osun State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board and since I assumed duty as Chairman/CEO of NAHCON. They have really been very great partners in the hajj project. Without mincing words, Taraba State deserves our applause.
Finally, I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to His Excellency, the Governor of Taraba State and all the stakeholders present here. Your presence reflects the spirit of oneness amongst the good people of Taraba State and also a demonstration of the resolve by key stakeholders to key into this initiative and ensures its successful implementation.
Thank you all and I wish you Allah’s blessings.
RIYADH — The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has clarified that Umrah permits will not b…