Home Hajj News No official guidelines on Hajj 2021 yet- NAHCON
Hajj News - May 23, 2021

No official guidelines on Hajj 2021 yet- NAHCON

 

 

Press Release

 

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has said that the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and Umrah is yet to release any guidelines regarding the conduct of Hajj 2021.

 

The commission in a statement Sunday by it spokesperson, Fatima Sanda Usara was reacting to a viral news report BREAKING: 60, 000 Pilgrims to Perform Hajj 2021, Says Saudi Ministry of Health in which the Saudi Ministry of Health is quoted as saying only Sixty Thousand pilgrims may be allowed to perform the Hajj this year.

In Detail: Complete Guideline for Hajj 2021 for Foreign pilgrims

NAHCON in its statement said although it is aware of the important role being played by the Ministry of Health on Hajj operations, “ the finality of Hajj guidelines will come from the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and Umrah “

 

See full statement Below:

 

Ministry of Hajj and Umrah Yet to Make Pronouncement on 2021 Hajj

 

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) as a body officially responsible for organizing Hajj and Umrah activities in Nigeria notices an information on 2021 Hajj making rounds mostly especially in the social media relating to guidelines for this year’s Hajj.

 

The Commission would like to clarify that so far, the material is emanating from the Saudi Ministry of Health as suggestive guidelines for a peculiar Hajj upended by COVID-19. The Commission is fully aware of the very important role of the health ministry in Hajj planning in Saudi Arabia therefore is not in doubt on the possibility of it being adopted. However, the Commission would like to draw the attention of the general public that the finality of Hajj guidelines will come from the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and Umrah which will either endorse the released guidelines or issue the final position of the Kingdom contrary to what has been so far released by the Ministry of Health, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Therefore, until the said ministry of Hajj and Umrah releases the guidelines on its website and formally communicates to Nigeria, NAHCON humbly urges the public to consider the information being circulated as guidelines for 2021 Hajj as inconclusive.

The Commission will not fail to keep the public updated as soon as an official stand is finalized by the kingdom. NAHCON understands the anxious wait by the public, especially by Hajj and Umrah stakeholders regarding 2021, in order to make their final decisions and preparations. The Commission trusts that Saudi Arabia is considerate of all happenings and will soon make a proclamation on Hajj 2021 in the interest of all Muslims as promised.

While we all keep our fingers crossed, we urge all Hajj stakeholders and intending pilgrims to remain patient and accept in good faith whatever decision the Kingdom will take with regards to Hajj. NAHCON will keep working for the best bargains in the interest of all its stakeholders.

 

 

Fatima Sanda Usara,

Head, Public Affairs,

NAHCON

About Post Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Check Also

Hajj Training Institute, NITDA, partner on digitizing Hajj processes

    In an attempt to eliminate the bottlenecks associated with Hajj processes in…