As many as 24,000 Yemenis will perform Haj this year, according to Yemeni Minister of Endowments and Religious Guidance Ahmed Attiyah.
Speaking after signing the Haj protocol on Saturday in Yemen, Attiyah said electronic Haj visas for his countrymen would be ready by Ramadan.
The minister met with acting chairman of the board of directors of the Tawafa Establishment for the Arab Pilgrims Mohammed Maajeeni and other board members.
He said the mistakes committed last year by the Yemeni Haj Affairs office were discussed with a view to avoiding them this year.
“Most of the mistakes were caused by the Houthis obstructing the Haj caravans and preventing a number of Yemenis from coming to the pilgrimage,” he said.
Attiyah said his ministry subjects the pilgrims to rigorous Haj awareness programs before they come to Saudi Arabia.
“We also enlighten them about the Kingdom›s rules and regulations so as not to commit any violations,” he added.
The minister said the awareness campaigns are given at the mosques after Friday prayers and through the government›s satellite TV channels.
Maajeeni, on his part, said the meeting discussed issues pertaining to the services being provided to the Yemeni pilgrims, including reception, transport, accommodation, sustenance, religious enlightenment at their accommodations, among others.