RIYADH — Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Health Dr. Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said that the date of the resumption of the suspended international flight service is subject to continuous evaluation on the basis of the extent of the spread of coronavirus pandemic.
“Accordingly, an appropriate decision will be taken based on the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman and Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman,” he said.
The minister made the remarks, during an interview with Al-Ekhbariya channel, while replying to a question about the date of the resumption of international flights. He said that the authorities are concerned with the safety of everyone.
“As long as there are still cases of coronavirus infection, precautions have to be taken to ensure the health and safety of all,” he added.
Saudi Arabia temporarily suspended all international flight services since March 15 as part of measures to combat the coronavirus pandemic. Earlier this month, Saudi Arabian Airlines cited requirements for travel to 25 countries.
The national carrier also announced seven conditions for the transport of passengers returning to the Kingdom on board its flights once the Kingdom lifts travel restrictions. The airline called on passengers to follow health instructions based on the directives issued by the Saudi health authorities.
Saudi Gazette report