JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said that more than 125,000 people had performed Umrah in the first phase of its return, confirming that no infections had been recorded among pilgrims so far.
“The first phase was completed successfully by last Saturday, where we received more than 125,000 pilgrims. The first phase only focused on Umrah, no prayers,” said Dr. Amr Al-Maddah, the undersecretary at the Ministry for Hajj and Umrah, adding that the Eatmarna app had been downloaded more than 2.5 million times so far.
In an interview with Al-Ekhbariya, he said the Grand Mosque had received 40,000 worshippers and 15,000 pilgrims in the second phase of Umrah.
The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s…