In a statement, SAHUC, said some ‘hajj travel operators have completed majority of the hajj accommodation refunds and only have airline refunds pending to few Hujaaj. SAHUC is content that these airline refunds will be processed in due course in Shaa Allah as these operators are in constant communication with their respective airlines.
See the full statement below
SOUTH AFRICAN HAJJ & UMRAH COUNCIL
February 21, 2021
PRESS RELEASE: Hajj Refunds Update for 2020/1441
Alhamdulillah SAHUC is pleased to announce that since our last two press releases, dated 01 February 2021. We have some encouraging news.
The following accredited (2020/1441) hajj travel operators have completed majority of the hajj accommodation refunds and only have airline refunds pending to few Hujaaj. SAHUC is content that these airline refunds will be processed in due course in Shaa Allah as these operators are in constant communication with their respective airlines.
- Coolsun Travels (Pty) Ltd. T/A Travel Unlimted Travel & Tours: (all refunds concluded, 2 Hujaaj have opted to leave their hajj money with the operator for future travel. SAHUC will not be held responsible for this action since the Hujaaj has agreed to leave their money with the operator against our advice.
- Shafiq’s Travel and Tours (Pty) Ltd: (5% of their Hujaaj are pending refund, Hujaaj have opted to leave funds with the travel operator, however, Shafiq’s travel will refund these Hujaaj by or before 4th April).
- Umrah Tours and Nuri’s Travel: (11 Hujaaj pending airline refund only, no indication given by travel operator as to when this will be concluded).
- World of Travel by Irshad Malek: (13 Hujaaj pending airline refund only, should be concluded within3-6 weeks as indicated by the affected airline).
- Yasmine’s Travel and Tour CC: (All refunds concluded, 18 Hujaaj opted to leave their hajj money with the travel operator for future travel. SAHUC will not be held responsible as the Hujaaj has agreed to leave their money with the operator against our advice).
- Khadmatul Awaam Pilgrims Services: (undertaking given by KAPS to refund final balance of +/- 150 Hujaaj within the next 2 months).
The following accredited (2020/ 1441H) Hajj travel operators have failed to provide any information with regards to refunding Hujaaj and remain hopeful of refunds from the hotel in the KSA.
- Al Jeem Al Anwar Express.
- Rasools Travel (Pty) Lt.
SAHUC will now proceed with our displinary process against the Accredited(2021/1441H) Hajj travel operators who have not yet refunded their Hujaaj for accommodation and also for those travel operators who have breached SAHUC’s code of conduct.
We request that all the Hujaaj from 2020 (1441H) please email our offices at email@example.com if you are still owed any Hajj refunds from the accredited Hajj operators by no later than Friday 26th February 2021.
We would like to once again remind all previously accredited Hujaaj from 2020/1441 that you should NOT leave your hajj money with any previously accredited hajj travel operator, nor should you accept a credit voucher from the. SAHUC has not agreed to these conditions with any of the previous accredited Hajj travel operators.
Operators are accredited annually and there is no guarantee that the operator you may have selected in the year 2020 (1441H) may be accredited in the future.
We hereby inform prospective Hujaaj that there is no news relating to hajj 1442H/2021 from the Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We are in touch with other countries around the world who are also awaiting news. The Covid-19 Pandemic is the main contributing factor and we eagerly await information from the hajj authorities in KSA. SAHUC assures the public that we will inform you as soon as any information becomes available. We are reminded that the KSA has shut it borders till 17th may 2021.
Wa Salaamu Alaikum
The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s…