MAKKAH — The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said that as many as 125,000 domestic pilgrims have performed Umrah so far since Sept. 27 and there is no infection of corona cases reported among the pilgrims.
Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Muhammad Benten said that reducing or increasing the number of pilgrims is linked to the daily reports that come from the competent authorities. He called on all pilgrims, worshipers, visitors and workers to adhere to all health precautionary measures and preventive protocols, as well as to follow the instructions issued by the concerned authorities.
The minister made the remarks while addressing a virtual seminar titled “Umrah between facilitating procedures and strict precautions,” organized by the ministry on Monday.
“The compliance of pilgrims, worshipers and visitors with health and precautionary measures and the directives of the leaders of the Umrah groups and officials has contributed significantly to the success of the plan for the safe resumption of the services of Umrah and prayers in the Two Holy Mosques, as well as the visit of the Rawdah Sharif, without recording any emergency cases,” he said.
The latest official statistics issued by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah revealed that a total of 1.2 million pilgrims have registered with the Umrah application Eatmarna during the period between Sept.27 and Oct. 17 to perform the pilgrimage.
The ministry started the second phase of the gradual resumption of the pilgrimage and visits to the Two Holy Mosques from Sunday, Oct. 18. The authorities announced that more than 600,000 worshippers are being permitted to perform prayers at the Grand Mosque along with over 250,000 Umrah pilgrims during the second phase, which will conclude on Oct. 31.
Saudi Gazette report
Infection Spread Control: How YORK integrated solutions provides Cool Fresh Air to Guests of Allah inside the Two Holy Mosques
Press Releases Makkah: With the pandemic still posing a threa…