Responsibilities of Saudi Umrah companies and external agencies
1. Sensitising external Umrah performers on protective procedures they have to adhere to from arrival into the Kingdom up to their departure in safe conditions.
2. Validation of profile information and passport details as entered into the online Umrah platform by the Umrah company.
3. Entering the prior preparation information / details at least 24 hours before arrival in addition to entering confirmed airline ticket for each person along with accommodation details.
4. The agent is fully responsible and accountable to the Saudi Umrah company for any information given and the obligations that will come along with false information.
5. Cautioning Umrah performers on the three days precautionary self-isolation, upon arrival in their residing lodge /hotel.
6. Grouping of external Umrah performers, with at least 50 people in each group. The company will assign a lead, guiding each group. They would also book a general programme for them on all services (flight ,housing ,and transportation) at the same time with the booking.
7. The Saudi Umrah company is responsible for following up on the provision of agreed terms of contract in the Umrah package (housing, transportation, field services, insurance & subsistence) ,and work to correct shortcomings or gaps in the service.
8. Determining the number and countries the Umrah performers are coming from on a periodic basis, in accordance to the laid down protective procedures and also the requirements of the countries they are coming from.
9. Accreditation of service providers (hotels, transport companies) that are qualified in accordance with the precautionary requirements and health guidelines. Also advertising there services through a reliable online platform accessible in Saudi Arabia.
10. Online verification from both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, for contacts between foreign agents and Saudi Umrah companies. This should be in compliance with the work from requirements to ensure protection from the Covid 19
UMRAH ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1.The age bracket for Foreign Umrah performers is between 18 – 50 (in line with the Ministry of Health guidelines)
2.Presenting a PCR test certificate with a negative result showing Covid 19 free status. The result should have been released by a reliable test facility in the pilgrims country in not less than 72 hours from the time he took the test until his departure time to Saudi Arabia.
3. Prior booking for performing Umrah, praying in the Grand Mosque, visiting the Prophets Mosque and praying in Rawdhah in accordance to the guidelines and approved capacity on ‘’EatMarna’’ 4.Approved departure and return booking, in line with the approved travel package.
PREREQUISITES IN THE UMRAH PACKAGE
Accommodation (consisting of 3 days self-isolation upon arrival)
Transportation services between Entry & Accomodation
Transportation service between the accommodation, Haram and Miqaat with a guide for group.