The Consultative Assembly of Saudi Arabia issues its evaluation of the annual report of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah for the fiscal year 1440-1441 AH and recommended the following to the Ministry:
1. The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah should evaluate its initiatives to serve pilgrims and Umrah performers according to performance indicators, the most important of which is the initiative (multi-story tents) (Hajj without a bag) and the extent of its expansion potential.
2. The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah should complete the development of smart applications for the services it provides in coordination with the concerned authorities, including the application of obtaining the necessary permits to reach the required places and an application to guide the lost.
3. The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah should coordinate with the concerned authorities to ensure the availability of housing for pilgrims, Umrah performers and visitors with good specifications, and to update the organization of pilgrims’ housing to include the conditions and specifications of these homes and the controls for their licensing.
4. The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah shall explain the reasons that prevented the optimal use of the approved budget and address the weakness of spending in order to benefit from the budget in the required manner, which contributes to the development of the Ministry’s work.
5. The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah should study the evaluation of the effects of the Corona pandemic on Umrah companies, service providers for domestic pilgrims, institutions of heads of sects, as well as the goals of the Kingdom’s 2030 vision and suggest appropriate solutions.
SOURCE: HARAMIAN SHARIFAIN