The Ministry of Interior announced the gradual resumption of Umrah in four phases on Tuesday night with the necessary precautionary measures. One of the measures was to restrict the number of pilgrims to perform Umrah on a given day.
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah in a statement said that intending local Umrah pilgrims, for prayers and visit to Rawdah Al Sharifah can apply on an application called “اعتمرنا” which will be available on IOS and Andriod beginning 10 Safar 1442/ 27 September 2020:
1. Fill in your details and select an available date for Umrah / Prayer in Masjid Al Haram / Rawdah.
2. A permit will be issued
3. Reaching one of the centres for transporting and gathering pilgrims in Makkah.
4. Show the permit to the officer present at the transportation centre.
5. Wear a mask and adhere to the precautionary measures and ride the means of transportation provided at the centres for the worshipers.
6. Go to Masjid Al Haram. After you have finished your rites you must return to the meeting place or transportation centre.
7. The worshippers can stay overnight in any of the hotels in Makkah. They must obtain a permit if they want to pray in the Masjid Al-Haram according to the times available on the application.
Note: Prayers (in Masjid Al Haram) and visit to Rawdah Al Shareef will begin from Phase 2 starting 1st Rabi Al Awwal (18 October 2020) while Umrah will begin from Phase 1 starting 4 October 2020
The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s…