Home 2019 hajj Nigerian Pilgrims Hospitalised in Saudi Arabia to Remain Under Our Care – NAHCON
2019 hajj - September 8, 2019

Nigerian Pilgrims Hospitalised in Saudi Arabia to Remain Under Our Care – NAHCON

 

By Garba Muhammad

Four Nigerian pilgrims hospitalized in Saudi hospitals are expected to remain beyond the completion of airlift of the 2019 hajj pilgrims.

20 Nigerian pilgrims so far died during the just concluded hajj exercise.

Commissioner in charge of Health matters of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, (NAHCON), Dr. Ibrahim Abubakar Kana, has also disclosed on Saturday in Makkah.

He said one in Jeddah who collapsed in King Abdulaziz airport, Jiddah, just about to board, the other three are in Makkah following some complications they developed after Hajj.

Mr Kana said one of the patients who is in the Intensive Care Unit will require extra care, attention and observation long after the official completion date of airlift of pilgrims back home by 14th September.

“If the patient require the attention of NAHCON,we would shoulder the responsibility, until she is well and discharged.

“It is normal for NAHCON to take such responsibilities for any Nigerian pilgrim; however on completion of Hajj operation, such sick cases were handed over to the Nigerian Consulate, who subsequently ensure the patients were reunited with their families in Nigeria at the expense of government,”the commissioner said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

BACK TO NOMRAL: Sheikh Sudais inaugurate committee to receive more Umrah Pilgrims

  Hajj Reporters   President Sheikh Sudais chairs Supreme Committee on Umrah for…