Home Hajj News Ecstatic Georgian gearing up for Hajj: ‘I feel I belong here’ 
Hajj News - July 27, 2020

Ecstatic Georgian gearing up for Hajj: ‘I feel I belong here’ 


Georgian national Ruslan Margoshvili

MAKKAH — Georgian national Ruslan Margoshvili came to Saudi Arabia to learn Arabic language about 17 years ago. Since then, he has considered the Kingdom his second home. This month he has received the gift of his life as he was chosen to perform Hajj during this exceptional pilgrimage season.

“Initially, I didn’t expect there to be Hajj this year, given the circumstances (coronavirus pandemic)all around the world,” Margoshvili said.

Now he has got a chance to pray for expiation of all his sins and earn great reward from Almighty Allah. “A person who performs Hajj is cleansed of all his sins,” he added.

Margoshvili expressed his gratitude for the help he received from the moment he signed up for this year’s Hajj. He said that operators have been contacting him on daily basis, preparing him for the exceptional procedures due to the pandemic.

Margoshvili’s experience in Saudi Arabia has been fulfilling and rewarding. He is currently completing a doctorate at King Saud University.

“I feel I belong here,” Margoshvili said. “Even when I would travel back home on vacation, I miss this country. I never felt like a stranger here.”

Saudi Arabia has decided to allow a limited number of domestic pilgrims to perform Hajj this year in the wake of the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic; 70 percent will be expats residing in the Kingdom and Saudis making up the remaining 30 percent.

Saudi Gazette report

About Post Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Check Also

BREAKING NEWS: King Salman approves appointment of Sheikh Yasir Ad Dawsary as Khateeb of Masjid Al Haram.

  The custodian of the two holy Mosque, Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is King of Saudi…